A tool room mill with the speed and power of a production machine
Built on the same frame, and with the same mototors as the production ready R model, Torrent is ready to get to work making parts. The open bed style makes it a versatile machine for tool rooms and maintenance shops. Optional electronic hand wheels turn this machine into a high speed electronic mill! Contact us today to get a quote!
- 5 hp spindle and high powered servos increase cutting feeds to decrease your cycle times.
- BT-30 spindle provides greater rigidity than R-8 systems allowing for higher material removal rates.
- Bellville washer stack and air over hydraulic tool release, never worry about a tool holder being pulled out of the spindle.
- Heavy, full cast iron frame and counterweighted Z axis. More mass to absorb vibrations from the cutting process means better surface finish, longer tool life and higher possible feedrates.
- Linear guide way on all axes are smoother, more accurate and lower maintenance than dovetail ways found on competitors machines.
- Auto lubrication.
- 10 station automatic tool changer for unattended machining.
- 64 GB of program storage, 4 GB RAM, easily expandable. Load and run even the largest G code files.
- Wi-Fi standard, connect to internal networks to access programs stored on a server. Automatically email customizable machining statistics. Support technicians can log in to help with training and solving/diagnosing problems.
- Industry standard G code programming, Fanuc compatible. Use your existing programs for Fanuc or Mach3 powered machines.
- Fanuc macro B programming, build parametric programs for families of parts or use industrial accessories such as probes and tool setters.
- Advanced trajectory planning for fast execution of complex tool paths.
- Cutting edge dual mode cutter compensation. Adapt to complex parts by changing modes on the fly, no need to exit a cut or change parameters to switch.
- Synchronized tapping to accurately and rapidly tap holes.
- Easily turn small parts using the spindle and table mounted turning tools, multiple control modes support constant surface speed, threading and other lathe functions.
- Mill wizards make on machine programming easy.
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||57.1 x 53.2 x 78.8 in||1450 x 1350 x 2000 mm|
|Table Size||31.5 x 9.8 in||800 x 250 mm|
|T-Slot Size||.63 in||16 mm|
|Weight||2976 lb||1350 kg|
|Working Travel X||15.75 in||400 mm|
|Y||9.5 in||240 mm|
|Z||15.75 in||400 mm|
|Spindle Speed||10,000 RPM||10,000 RPM|
|Spindle Power||5 hp||3.7kW|
|Input Voltage||220v 3ph/1ph (derate spindle 30%)||220v 3ph/1ph (derate spindle 30%)|
|Servo Power||1.75 hp||1.3 kW|
|Servo Torque||1175.4/3299.6 oz-in||8.3/23.3 Nm|
|Max Feedrate||1000 ipm||25.4 m/min|